It is a very common condition where the uterus of the wife is healthy, eggs are of a good count, tubes are patent and husband has healthy sperms, but still, the women do not become pregnant. This condition is termed as Unexplained Infertility. It is quite simple to treat an identified problem but quite challenging to handle unexplained infertility. But still, it is possible to give a good success rate if handled meticulously with IVF treatment specialist in Tamil Nadu.
Reasons for Unexplained Infertility
- Fertilization failure – When sperm meets a good quality egg it normally forms an embryo, but in few couples with unexplained infertility the sperm fails to fertilize the egg.
- Increased sperm fragmentation – Semen analysis would be normal i.e. quantitatively normal but increased sperm fragmentation means impaired quality which is a reason for fertilization failure.
- Poor egg quality
- Luteinized Unruptured Follicle – Where the egg grows normally but fails to ovulate.
- Dysfunctional tubes – Where tubes are patent but fail to pick up and transport the eggs.
- Reduced implantation potential of the uterus
Best treatment methods
- 2- 3 cycles of IUI is the first-line therapy in women < 30 years
- ICSI – is the next and most effective treatment strategy for unexplained infertility which offers the maximum success rate.
- You can get best infertility consultant in Tamil Nadu