In Vitro Fertilisation For Infertility
In Vitro Fertilisation (IVF) is fertility treatment now carried out at a higher rates. The name itself specifies the clear process taking place in this. In vitro means, something carried out outside the body and fertilisation means combining the egg with the sperm.
In IVF treatment, the eggs collected from the female is joined with the sperm obtained from the male in a laboratory within a test tube. Once the embryo is formed, it is then transferred to the uterus of the female. This complex procedure of fertility treatment assist with the conception of child.
When is an IVF adopted?
IVF, an infertility treatment is suggested by your doctor in cases like;
- Damaged or blocked fallopian tubes
- Decrease in sperm count or sperm motility causing male infertility
- Ovulation disorders
- Premature ovarian failure
- Antibody activities that may harm sperms and eggs
- Women who got their fallopian tube removed
- Genetical disorders in some individuals
- Any unexplained infertility
How does IVF works?
The procedure of IVF treatment is of a complex manner. This treatment is accomplished mainly in 5 steps like;
- Step 1 : Medications are provided to the female in order to stimulate the eggs generation. This help to collected the best eggs from the different types generated.
- Step 2 : A minor surgical procedure is performed to retrieve the eggs from the female. Medications are provided to reduce the discomfort due to the surgery.
- Step 3 : The sperm collected from the male is combined with the best eggs collected. This is stored in an environmentally controlled chamber for fertilization.
- Step 4 : The fertilized eggs then divides and turns to embryo. This embryo needs to be cultured for 3-5 days after the fertilization.
- Step 5 : The embryo is then transferred to the uterus of female. More than one embryo may be transferred as transferring of a single embryo can be risky.
If there are more embryos and some of them are unused, they can be frozen and can be implanted if required on later dates.
How successful is IVF?
Even though the success rates of IVF depends upon the certain factors involved in the couple’s, IVF treatment is a very effective form of assisted reproductive technology (ART). As the procedure being done using the sperm and eggs of the couples only, this is highly adopted by a large number of couples suffering from infertility problems. In some cases of disabilities, eggs, sperm or embryo are received from a donor.
Genesis Fertility Research Centre, is the best fertility centre in Tamil Nadu, providing you the best IVF treatment in Tamil Nadu. We aim to fulfill your dream by giving you the advanced treatments strategies. We not only have access to the latest technologies but we pioneer them.